Pages

New Zealand - Aotearoa by BlossomFlowerGirl

New Zealand Time

Aotearoa Snapshots

Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Tēnā koutou katoa

This is all about New Zealand - Aotearoa - and the time I spent there. Magical times, beautiful scenery, gushing geysers, thermal wonderlands. Hear about Waitangi Day, discover the meaning of the word "Aotearoa", see the Glaciers, read about hangis and Hakas, and visit the beautiful Bay of Islands. So come with me on a journey - a journey to The Land of The Long White Cloud.
Kia ora


CHRISTCHURCH EARTHQUAKE TRIBUTE 2011



Watch The Haka

1. Christchurch - Arrival in New Zealand New Year's Day 2007

Monday 1 January 2007


Airport Christmas Decorations


Monday 1 January
The plane arrived fashionably late - 30 minutes late. It took forever to get through customs, so many people, so many suitcases. It was exciting and exhilarating at the same time. As it was still technically the festive season, the airport was decorated with lovely Christmas decorations, tinsel and statues. Meet Father Christmas and Mrs. Christmas - Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus. It was welcoming to walk past them as I made my way through the airport to the exit.


The Wishing Well



The wishing well at Christchurch Airport is to wish people well who are leaving the country - you throw a coin in for good luck - for a safe trip.
Had a smoke outside and nearly froze to death! The wind was icy and I could feel goosebumps - in fact I had gossegumps on my goosebumps. I remember thinking This is summer? Considering it was about 20ºC when I left Melbourne it was a real shock to find myself in winter conditions. Met a very nice chap named Richard, he was Maori and we stood chatting, deploring the weather and he told me a little about New Zealand.


Christchurch City Central YHA



This is where I stayed when in Christchurch. It's in Manchester Street and quite near the city centre. I caught the free city shopper bus down to Pack and Save (a NZ supermarket) to buy some supplies - apricots, tomatoes (they tasted wonderful)corned beef, half a dozen eggs, bread, marg, cherries and chips. Cost - $20. Not bad, I found the food prices were a bit cheaper here than back home.
Christchurch Airport map Click on the blue marker for photo.

View Christchurch Airport in a larger map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...