Pages

New Zealand - Aotearoa by BlossomFlowerGirl

New Zealand Time

Aotearoa Snapshots

Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Tēnā koutou katoa

This is all about New Zealand - Aotearoa - and the time I spent there. Magical times, beautiful scenery, gushing geysers, thermal wonderlands. Hear about Waitangi Day, discover the meaning of the word "Aotearoa", see the Glaciers, read about hangis and Hakas, and visit the beautiful Bay of Islands. So come with me on a journey - a journey to The Land of The Long White Cloud.
Kia ora


CHRISTCHURCH EARTHQUAKE TRIBUTE 2011



Watch The Haka

21. Rotorua - Accommodation

Sunday 7 January

Friends who had been to New Zealand all said, "You'll know when you arrive in Rotorua - you can smell it long before you get there - it smells like rotten eggs!"
Lovely.
As it turned out, yes, I did smell the pong for which Rotorua is noted, but it dissipated within a few minutes of arrival.

We arrived in Rotorua at 5.45pm - I was longing for a shower, change of clothes, and a cuppa! Alas, it was not to be - Cactus Jacks stuffed up my booking. They said I was not in the system, no bed available. Daniel, the security guard on duty found the notebook, my name written in pencil. I had been put in Room 17 or 7, - $65 a night.
Not happy Jan


Peter came back, said he would sort something out after I returned from the Hangi which I was going to. Returned 10.30pm - here's your key. Room 29. Filthy, disgusting mess. Turns out I was to share with two fellas. Gawd it stunk!

Not on mate. Got Pete, explained I had booked female dorm. Nothing available. Was given Room 7 - a double. Forty dollars for 2 nights.

Cactus Jacks

I couldn't get the whole place in one single photo, so I took two and joined them together, which is why it appears a little uneven. Cactus Jacks at 1210 Haupapa St Rotorua, has a Tex/Mex theme and this is reflected in the furnishings and outdoor courtyard.

Inside Snapshots

One of the other "inmates" at the kitchen sink. The lounge room. Kitchen table and chairs, and a close-up of the entrance.


The Courtyard

The courtyard out the back is in the middle with rooms going around. You can't see it, but there is a verandah (covered) with velvet lounge chairs and a sofa.
It wasn't all that clean - the cleanliness of the place left a lot to be desired, but the location was excellent and the atmosphere was fantastic - fun, happy, and had a real good feel to it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...