Pages

New Zealand - Aotearoa by BlossomFlowerGirl

New Zealand Time

Aotearoa Snapshots

Click on Flag or Select Your Language to Translate

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanHindiIndonesianItalianJapanesePortugueseRussianSpanishTurkishUrduBengaliNepali

Tēnā koutou katoa

This is all about New Zealand - Aotearoa - and the time I spent there. Magical times, beautiful scenery, gushing geysers, thermal wonderlands. Hear about Waitangi Day, discover the meaning of the word "Aotearoa", see the Glaciers, read about hangis and Hakas, and visit the beautiful Bay of Islands. So come with me on a journey - a journey to The Land of The Long White Cloud.
Kia ora


CHRISTCHURCH EARTHQUAKE TRIBUTE 2011



Watch The Haka

34. Taupo to Wellington - Magic Birthday - 2

Wednesday 10 January

Magic Birthday Photo


I had asked our driver Paris earlier in the day if I could have a group photo taken for my birthday and he said yes that'd be alright, he'd get everybody lined up when we stopped for a break.

We stopped at the Wild Bean Cafe in Palmerston North and I reminded him, but he forgot. When I mentioned it again, he was very good about it, and said to everybody, "Okay, everybody off the bus, we're all going to pose for a birthday photo."

There was grumbling and mutterings (it was very cold and pretty wet) and they didn't want to. But he wouldn't take no for an answer, and made everyone get off - which I thought was very good of him. Below is a close-up - that's me in the red cap, our driver is on my left in the blue board shorts.


My Magic Birthday

Here we all are - my travelling companions on this day.
Thanks Paris for doing this - you're a real brick. It's one birthday I'll never forget.:-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...